In this solo episode I share why imitation is never flattering and how it ends up diminishing the impact you could’ve produced from creating your own unique idea. Find out why focusing on what’s going on in someone else’s lane isn’t going to get you the results that you want.
Corporate Business Consultant Shermikia Lemon stops in to confess about what it takes to attract corporate clients.
“If you are caught up in trying to chase behind what everybody else is doing, you are going to miss out on that blessing that had your name on it.” — Koereyelle
This Week on Confessions of a WERKaholic:
- [1:00] Werk Pray Slay Weekend kicks off on October 31
- [3:33] For the Culture’s Black Wednesday 2.0
- [6:19] Get your ideas from God, not the gram
- [11:41] Don’t let inspiration lead to imitation
- [12:53] Don’t imitate my ish
- [17:00] Don’t try to copy other people’s magic
- [21:25 ] Why relationships are everything in business
- [23:38] This one thing is never overrated
- [26:40] Focus on your purpose
- [29:22] The reason some people don’t go far in business
- [30:16] Confessions from Shermikia Lemon
- [34:29] Shermikia shares steps to working with corporate clients
Connect with me:
Connect with me:
Confessions of a WERKaholic is where we share the untold success secrets of fearless female bosses! One major life-changing lesson I’ve learned on my Entrepreneurial journey is that the real power, the true leverage is in people. We learn from one another, we support one another and most importantly, we connect one another. My goal is to always learn at least one lesson from everyone I come in contact with because our connection was no accident. So, in this series I’m sharing wisdom and knowledge through the experience of WERKing women I’m blessed to know.